Take a stand against puppy mills
The cute puppies for sale you’ll find at local pet stores or through various online channels were probably unethically bred from dogs who don’t get to play outside or snuggle in a warm bed. The truth is, they are bred in unsanitary conditions without adequate food, water, socialization or veterinary care. In order to maximize puppy sales, female dogs are bred many times a year without recovery time between litters. Take a stance by choosing to work with Pawrade to minimize puppy mill sales and therefore, limit their unethical breeding practices.
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
We have a strict, zero tolerance policy for unethical breeding practices. Shall we bark or point a little louder? We have ZERO TOLERANCE for puppy mills or puppies from back yard breeders raised without tender loving care, socialization, exercise, comfort and affection or proper veterinarian care.
Our No Puppy Mill Pledge
Pawrade pledges to NOT support unethical breeders, substandard breeding practices or puppy mills. Pawrade pledges to ensure every single puppy is raised with the utmost attention, love and care.
Highlights from our Breeder Code of Ethics (Our Standards)
- I will ensure every puppy in the litter gets adequate exercise daily.
- I will ensure every puppy in the litter is raised in a loving, living environment.
- I will ensure every puppy in the litter is well socialized.
- I will ensure every puppy in the litter is healthy and has been properly screened by a licensed veterinarian.
- I will maintain a safe, clean and sanitary property.
- I will breed only for the purpose of improving the quality of the breed. I will conscientiously plan each litter of puppies for sale by carefully selecting a stud (male) and bitch (female) to be mated based on their pedigrees, conformation and temperament.
- I will not breed any male or female puppies for sale until they are both physically and mentally mature enough to breed. I will not continue to breed any male or female puppies for sale beyond the appropriate age for the breed.
- I will be knowledgeable about inherited health problems in my breed and will do appropriate health clearances.
- I will comply with all federal, state or provincial and local government laws and regulations concerning the keeping of dogs that I breed.
- I will abide by USDA laws and regulations and will submit to an annual compliance questionnaire regarding my USDA license or exemption.
- I will keep accurate records and retain those records for a minimum of five years. These records will include: stud service contracts, pedigrees, all litters, and all veterinarian appointments.
- I will not sell or donate pets to commercial pet wholesalers, dealers, brokers, retailers, pet shops or any other person or organization, for resale or “give-away” to the public. I will not supply pets for charity raffles or auctions.
- I will provide each buyer with a properly executed Registration Certificate together with full written disclosure of the name of the Registry and its standards and requirements (or if the pet is not to be registered, a written statement to that effect). Registration materials may be withheld if a written statement is provided to the new owner of when, and under what conditions, they will be provided (e.g. until the time of spay or neuter by the new owner as verified by a veterinarian, or if a written certification identifying the exact date of birth, and the registration numbers of the mother and father (Sire and Dam) of the pet is provided instead).
- I will provide each buyer with health records including a diet, inoculation and parasite control record, and health guarantee.
- I will provide each buyer with basic diet and care information.
- I will check-in regularly with Pawrade, remain in constant communication and remain committed to raising pawsome healthy happy puppies.